Learn how to handle Zoom, Teams, or other video calls in public spaces [...]
Microsoft Teams Message Pinning—How to Do It
- Microsoft Teams has a new feature that allows co-workers to pin messages at the top of the chat window to work on or refer to.
- The new feature provides chat members with quick access to important content and drives awareness.
- People on a Teams chat can click on the pinned message to go to the original message in the chat thread.
- Unlike before, the update allows users to pin several messages simultaneously.
Microsoft Teams recently released an update that allows anyone in a Teams chat to pin a message they deem important at the top of the chat window. Given that many chats are full of not-so-important content, the pinning feature is excellent in highlighting the most important issues in a conversation.
The new pinning feature allows any chat member to pin and unpin a specific chat message to the top of the chat window for all members to see. You can highlight a Teams chat message that you and your colleagues often refer to or work on.
People on the chat can click on the pinned message to go to the original message in the chat thread. Earlier, you could only pin one message at a time. However, the mid-February 2022 update allows chat members to pin multiple messages.
Hear From Our
Read Our Reviews
How to Pin a Message on Microsoft Teams
Pinning a message on Microsoft Teams is very simple. Here is the step-by-step procedure to follow:
- Launch your Microsoft Teams app and open the chat you want to pin.
- Hover your mouse over the chat and wait for a mini menu with emojis and three dots to pop up.
- Click on the three dots (…) to open the more options window with a drop-down menu.
- Select Pin from the options.
- Teams will pop up a small window asking you to confirm that you want to pin a message. Hit the Pin button again to confirm your action.
Your message will pin at the top of the Teams chat window. The pinned message will show the name of the person who wrote it, not the person who pinned it. You’ll also see the first few words of the message.
When you pin a Teams message, it’ll appear on the top of the chat window for everyone you’re communicating with, making it an excellent feature when you want people to focus on a specific massage. After addressing what a pinned was all about, you can readily unpin a Teams message.
How to Unpin a Message
Once a pinned message has served its purpose, you’ll want to take it down from the pinned list to create space for other important information. Unpinning a message on Microsoft Teams is pretty straightforward. Here are simple steps to follow:
- Launch the Microsoft Teams application and log in with your account.
- Head over to the chat where you pinned the message.
- Hover your mouse over the pinned message and wait for a small menu to open.
- Select the three dots button (…) to open a small drop-down menu.
- Then hit the Unpin option.
- Another window will pop up asking you to confirm the unpinning. Click on the Unpin tab again.
The Importance of Pinning a Message
Pinning a message makes it more noticeable to all members of a specific channel. The feature comes in handy when running a huge channel where important chats get lost in other less-essential messages.
Once you’ve pinned a message in Teams, chat members will have the option to see all the pinned messages at the top of the chat window. You can then unpin the message after it has served its purpose.
Colorado Computer Support Can Help Your Business Leverage All Microsoft 365 Hacks to Improve Productivity
You can make your team as productive and efficient as possible by making the most out of Microsoft 365. At Colorado Computer Support, we can help your team learn how to maximize functionality to increase efficiency.
Contact us today to help your team learn to be comfortable with the new features in Office 365.
Latest Blog Posts
Learn the step-by-step process of making delicious nitro cold brew [...]
Unlock unparalleled efficiency and innovation with CCS's comprehensive [...]