Information technology plays a key role in the operations of any healthcare organization. It’s not just about staying compliant to HIPAA and HITECH: it’s about truly leveraging your technology to better serve your patients.
The United States government has deemed this use of electronic healthcare record (EHR) technology so important, that they have implemented the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs.
- Healthcare organizations that can demonstrate “Meaningful Use” of EHR technology will receive financial incentives as a reward. This means you not only improve how you serve your clients and access your own information, but you’ll also receive some lucrative incentives.
- If your healthcare organization fails to demonstrate Meaningful Use by 2015, you will face penalties and possible fines.
Meaningful Use can be somewhat vague and hard to grasp for a busy healthcare provider who doesn’t have time to do all the necessary research. When you need to stay focused on providing the best care possible for your patients, you need to place your trust in an IT support provider who can help.
Colorado Computer Support is the premier support provider for Colorado healthcare organizations looking for help with Meaningful Use. Call us at 719.439.0599 to learn how we can help you stay compliant.
CCS has done all the research to ensure your healthcare organization can get to the heart of the core and additional objectives for Stage 2 of the Meaningful Use plan. Here’s how we help:
- Data Collection: Providing data that can collect important data about your patients, such as demographics, vital signs, smoking habits, prescriptions, and more.
- Secure Patient Information Transmission: Ensuring you’re able to securely and accurately transmit important patient information electronically, either to your patients themselves, to the right government agencies, or to other healthcare providers your patients attend.
- Better Communication With Other Organizations: Helping you make use of computerized provider order entry (CPOE) technology to streamline how you place orders for services, communicate with other needed healthcare providers, and generate and transmit prescriptions electronically.
- Patient Information Access: Ensuring your patients are able to access important healthcare information online, such as their prescriptions, clinical summaries, demographics, and all of their other personal health information (PHI), and electronically communicating with your patients about their important healthcare.
- PHI Security & Confidentiality: Securing all of your patients’ electronic PHI with the right information technology security software and practices, in order to maintain confidentiality.
Colorado Computer Support: Your partner in leveraging strategic EHR technology to demonstrate Meaningful Use in Colorado. Contact us today at 719.439.0599 or email@example.com to discuss how CCS can help YOUR healthcare organization meet the demands of Stage 2 of Meaningful Use.