Do You Have A Plan For Switching IT Companies?
There’s very little that’s as frustrating as faulty IT. Whether it’s slow connections, cybersecurity risks, or anything else that stems from ineffective IT support, you deal with it every day, and it will wear you down.
The longer you put up with less than effective IT services, the more it will cost you in downtime and security risks. Once you recognize you need more from your IT support, you have to commit to making a change.
Do you know how to manage the switch from one IT company to the next? Check out our latest video to learn more:
Don’t Rush Your Migration From One IT Company To The Next
When you know you need a new IT partner, it can be difficult to approach the process patiently. Every day you and your staff struggle with ineffective IT and unresponsive support will be frustrating.
Understand that by approaching the process carefully, you’re avoiding a range of issues that can crop up during the switch. In order to avoid unnecessary downtime, configuration issues, and other problems that can stem from a poorly planned transition, make sure to follow these five steps:
- Don’t cancel your service from your current IT provider until you have everything in place with your new IT provider.
- Make sure you have admin access to all accounts, data, and applications, along with a master list of passwords and other login info.
- Make sure your new IT company performs a cybersecurity assessment to confirm that no backdoors exist.
- Once your new IT company is in place, you can cancel the service with your previous provider.
- Make sure your staff knows about the change in IT support, and how to make use of the new service.
The bottom line is that you don’t want to rush the process. If you know you need better IT services, but don’t know where to begin, get in touch with Colorado Computer Support today – our team follows a carefully developed migration plan to make sure you don’t encounter any obstacles.