Customize Your Chrome Setup to Kick-Start Productivity
Want to keep from getting distracted when you’re getting started with your day? These tips will help boost productivity as soon as you launch Google Chrome.
Automatically Open Your Most-Used Websites
Do you start your day with news, or automatically jump to a few business-specific applications? Why not let Google Chrome do the work for you? You can pre-set one or more tabs to open automatically when you launch Chrome for the first time. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings
- Under ‘On Startup,’ select ‘Open a specific page or set of pages.’
- Enter the pages you would like to open when you’re launching Google Chrome, and you’re all set!
This quick tip not only saves you a few steps but helps ensure that you get right down to business as you’re starting the day.
Boost Productivity with Extensions
While having too many extensions added to Google Chrome can be problematic and affect performance, there are a few necessary extensions that you may want to consider. Always look for reviews before installing extensions, and know that you can quickly disable them as needed if you notice a hit to your browser’s performance.
- RescueTime for Chrome. Want to see how much time you’re wasting on social media or watching videos? This extension will help you stay on track.
- AdBlock Plus. Tired of dealing with annoying ads that distract you from what you’re trying to do? Grab this extension.
- Keep track of billable time with Toggl or Tracking Time. This is ideal for contractors and anyone who needs to apply their time to a particular project.
Need more great tips about keeping your computer humming along happily? Contact the pros at Colorado Computer Support at 719-204-6516 or chat live with our team online. Don’t let yourself (or your team) become distracted every morning before they even get started on their day. These Google Chrome productivity tips are part of our goal to help educate the community on best practices and ways to get the most out of your business technology. Be sure to follow our YouTube channel and check out our blog for more great information!