Learn how to handle Zoom, Teams, or other video calls in public spaces [...]
Calendar Invites On The Go
Gone are the days when you had to send emails or make calls to colleagues, family, or friends to remind them of a scheduled meeting. Google Calendar provides a more convenient, faster, and easier way to send invites directly from your phone and reach out to colleagues and remind them of an upcoming event. The feature enables a user to send meeting or event invitations that are automatically scheduled on the receiver’s calendar. This blog focuses on how to send calendar invites with Microsoft 365, Teams, G suite from your iPhone.
What Is Google Calendar?
Google Calendar is a real-time management and scheduling feature included in each Gmail account. The tool offers a great way to ensure your workmates, family, or friends never miss a crucial meeting. Ideally, Google Calendar integrates seamlessly with Google apps such as Hangouts, Gmail, and others. However, you can still send out Calendar invites to users without a Google suite account.
Steps to Send Calendar Invites from Your iPhone on the Go
Use the following steps to send invites to your friends, colleagues, or workmates from your iPhone:
- Step 1: Set up your email on your iPhone. You can only set up the email if you are using Microsoft 365 or G suite. These are cloud-based platforms that communicate through everything you are logged into. This means any action you do from your phone will go to your computer and any other device or platform you are working with.
- Step 2: Go to your home screen and click on the calendar button. After opening the calendar, go to the top right-hand corner and look for a plus sign.
- Step 3: Click on the plus sign. Name the meeting you are setting up on the field that appears. You can add the location of that meeting.
- Step 4: Select the time and date of the meeting.
- Step 5: Put the notification on to promptly notify you when your meeting is coming up. (The notification is usually sent 15 to 30 minutes before a meeting starts)
- Step 6: Next, add your invitees. Then add the email addresses of those you are inviting to the meeting.
- Step 7: Next, click the add icon. The feature will automatically add all the meeting details to your calendar and sync them to your computer via Outlook or G Suite.
- Step 8: Next, send a calendar invite to the people you are setting the meeting up with. Your invite will sync across the platforms from your cell phone to your computer and any other device or platform you are working with, including G Suite or Microsoft Office 365.
How to Sync Your iPhone Calendar with Your Google Calendar
Follow the steps outlined below to sync your iPhone and Google calendars:
- Step 1: Go to Settings on your phone and tap to open
- Step 2: Tap on passwords and accounts
- Step 3: Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select Add Account
- Step 4: A list of officially supported options will appear. Choose Google
- Step 5: Fill in your Google Account email address and password. If you have created two-factor authentication, log into your account and set up an app password first. You will use this password when setting up an account on iOS.
- Step 6: Tap on the next field to proceed. You will see sliders for Mail, Calendar, Contacts, and Notes. If you need to sync only to the Calendar, deselect all the other sliders apart from the Calendar slider.
- Step 7: Tap save and wait for your calendars to sync with your iPhone. This process can take as few as two minutes or several minutes, depending on the size of your calendars and the internet speed.
- Step 8: Once it is set up successfully, open the Calendar app and go to the bottom of the screen. Tap the Calendars option to display a list of all calendars that your iPhone has access to. This may include all your public, shared and private calendars that are linked to your Google account.
- Step 9: Select or deselect the specific calendars you want to appear whenever you use the iOS calendar app.
What Are the Limitations of Google Calendar on iPhones?
Notably, Google Calendar offers several features that don’t work with Apple’s Calendar app. These include the room scheduling feature, the transmission of email notifications for event features, and the room scheduling tool. You must first access your Google account on your iPhone to leverage these features.
Is It Possible to Sync Multiple Google and Apple Calendars?
If you have multiple Google accounts, you can sync as many of them as possible to your iPhone. Each account’s calendar will be visible in the iOS Calendar app. However, experts advise that you only sync the calendars you need on your iPhone. Although these calendars don’t take much space, the more devices sync to a calendar, the greater the risk of encountering some type of syncing collision.
Will I Lose My Information After Syncing My Google Account with My iPhone?
Ideally, Google calendar and Apple calendar have bidirectionality. This means if you sync your Google account with your iPhone, all the information that you add to the account will seamlessly flow back to the Google calendar. In essence, the appointments you create remain in your Google Calendar even after disconnecting your Google account from your iPhone.
Get Help to Maximize Google Calendar Feature
In the current hybrid work model, employees are leveraging technology to work remotely. There is a need for organizations to adopt tools and platforms that enable employees to seamlessly collaborate and communicate from disparate locations.
Sending out calendar invites is a great way to ensure your colleagues, friends, or family attend the meeting on time and on an ideal day. With calendar invites, you won’t have to use pen and paper or write time-consuming emails to remind your colleagues of an upcoming meeting.
If you have further questions about Google Calendar or need a reliable managed IT service provider, feel free to contact Colorado Computer Support. We provide comprehensive and high-quality managed IT services designed to remove the complexity and frustration of business technology, so you focus more on running your business. Contact us today to learn more about our services.
Latest Blog Posts
Learn the step-by-step process of making delicious nitro cold brew [...]
Unlock unparalleled efficiency and innovation with CCS's comprehensive [...]