Find The Best IT Services Companies In Colorado On The 2019 Managed Service Provider 500 List
It can be difficult to determine what Managed IT Services Company you should select for your business in Colorado. But CRN and the Channel Company have done the work for you. They conducted a thorough assessment and came up with the 500 Best Managed Service Providers in North America. And, once again, Colorado Computer Support is on the list.
The MSP 500 is CRN’s annual list is broken down into three main categories:
- Elite 150: These are largely traditional, enterprise-focused channel resellers that have developed a significant managed service footprint as part of their service portfolio
- Pioneer 250: SMB-focused solution providers with a heavy managed service offering
- Security 100: Highlights MSSPs/resellers with a significant managed security service practice.
Who Is CRN?
CRN provides valuable insight and news for the global IT consulting community. Its MSP 500 is an annual list that recognizes North American solution providers with cutting-edge approaches to managed services. You can learn more at https://www.crn.com/
Who Is The Channel Company?
The Channel Company is the sales channel community’s trusted authority for growth and innovation with established brands including CRN, XChange Events, IPED and SharedVue. For more than three decades, they have leveraged proven and leading-edge platforms to deliver prescriptive sales and marketing solutions for the technology sales channel. The Channel Company provides Communication, Recruitment, Engagement, Enablement, Demand Generation and Intelligence Services to drive technology partnerships. Learn more at www.thechannelcompany.com.
How Can You Find The Best IT Services Companies In Colorado?
Ask These 21 Questions
You can save time and money by contracting with the right Managed IT Service Company. Even if you have your own IT staff, a Managed Service Provider (MSP) can augment their work and partner with them when you need a few extra hands.
They can also take care of all of your technology needs for an easy-to-budget for monthly payment. And they can customize the services they provide according to your unique requirements.
Sounds like the perfect solution, right? It can be as long as you choose the right MSP. To find the one that’s best for your organization, conduct your own survey. Here are 21 questions you should ask:
- Are they available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year?
- Do they respond to your requests within 1 hour?
- Will they remotely monitor your network 24-7-365 to keep critical security settings, virus definitions, and security patches up to date?
- Can they help you with your annual IT budgeting?
- Do they provide Disaster Recovery Planning?
- Will they liaison with your IT third-party vendors (like Internet Service Providers) to ensure you receive the services you deserve?
- Do they have expertise in the IT tools that you use?
- Do they provide both on-site and remote maintenance and support?
- Can they automatically back up your IT infrastructure to a secure remote server every day?
- Do they perform periodic test restores of your backups to make you can access your IT assets in the event of a disaster?
- Do they offer IT Security Testing & Monitoring?
- Can they provide on-site and remote help and training for your staff?
- Do they provide Security Awareness Training for your employees?
- Will they provide written network documentation detailing what software licenses you have, including your critical network passwords and hardware information?
- Will they provide detailed invoices that itemize what you are paying for?
- Do they offer a Service Level Agreement with guarantees on their services?
- Do they have experience in the industry that you serve?
- Do their technicians have vendor certifications and take ongoing training?
- Will they provide frequent updates, status reports, and follow-up calls and emails?
- Do they offer flat-rate or fixed-fee project quotes, or do they only work on a time-and-material basis?
- Do they ensure that you won’t have to pay extra for after-hours work or travel time?
If they answered “Yes” to all 21 of these questions, then you know that you have an award-winning MSP.
Or, you can contact Colorado Computer Support. Then, you can ask us your questions and learn why we’re an award-winning MSP in Colorado.
In the meantime, to stay up to date on the latest IT news and info, visit our Blog. Here are a few articles to get you started: