You’ve put a lot of time, money, and hard work into building your business and making it successful!
Throughout each and every day, you’re using a wide range of information technologies to communicate with colleagues and customers, advertise your brand, and stay top-of-mind amongst those you serve.
Have you ever thought about how lucky you are that you haven’t experienced a security breach? The truth is, 1 in 10 businesses ARE lucky they haven’t! Why? Because the majority of businesses don’t take cyber security seriously; and that leads to cyber attacks, which means:
- Stolen or disclosed sensitive data
- Damaged reputation and customer trust
- Legal liabilities and hefty fines
- And much more
Often, business owners believe an attack won’t happen to them, however, cybercrime is on the rise – and it’s costing businesses more money than ever before to recover from security breaches. If you don’t have enterprise-grade security solutions in place with employees trained in defending against cybercrime, you might be next.
If you haven’t experienced a security breach yet, you’re one of the lucky ones… but luck doesn’t last forever.
According to recent studies, the number of security breaches worldwide has rose by 43% since 2013. How? That’s simple: cybercriminals are getting stealthier and more sophisticated while their attacks are getting much harder to detect before it’s too late. If you’ve been leaving security by chance, it’s time to make a change.
Colorado Computer Support has a few simple tips to help you minimize the ever-growing risk of security breach:
- Keep up-to-date with software updates: Download software and application updates immediately; they bring vital security upgrades that keep your business safe.
- Make sure employees use strong passwords: Employees must use strong passwords made up of lower and upper case letters, as well as symbols and numbers.
- Install and run anti-virus software: Your computers, tablets, and smartphones can easily be targeted if they don’t have proper anti-virus software installed and run on a regular basis.
Keep in mind; these tips are simply basic security measures. Colorado Computer Support can provide the enterprise-grade IT security solutions you need to stay safe and in the clear from security breaches. Call 719.439.0599 or send us an email: email@example.com. Don’t wait – luck won’t last forever.